About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

18 November 2018

Test...

attended BBQ Stakes...was raining so we congregated in the underpass...

30mins on the exercises bike after work...

Thursday...walked the boys before work...deep water running session at lunch with 20 x 30 on/30 off PLUS 5 x 20 single calf raises moving from chest deep water to waist deep water...

30mins on the exercise bike after work plus gym session..

Friday...was running late but still walked the boys before driving to yacht club, walking to Albert Hall and busing to work...

had to turn around and head back to my car within 10mins of arriving at work...mum had left a message to call so I did and she was suffering from the same problem as a fortnight earlier...even worse, this was the third day of it, grrr...

picked mum and dad up and took her to Calvary emergency...left them there once she had been seen by the triage nurse then headed into FkF to collect the results and the money...

by the time I got back to Calvary she was in the "chairs" area of emergency and they administered stemetil via IV...that didn't have much affect so she was admitted to the Short Stay Unit again...this time they were going to try a course of prednisone...

once she was settled I took dad back home via some shopping for him...took a book back into mum then did our grocery shopping...

yesterday I volunteered at parkrun again, this time as funnel manager...

did 15mins on the BRunner when I got home before I got ready to head to the cricket...picked dad up and dropped him at Calvary then headed to O'Connor for the game...

the boys batted first and struggled to 7/49 against the Lanka Lions...the 8th wicket put on 70 and we ended up all out for 127 in the last over...

meanwhile mum was admitted to the hospital proper for more testing etc...

the boys took a wicket first ball again but were unable to hold off the Lions who won five wickets down with in the 29th over...

back to the hospital I went to see mum then take dad home...

a quick change then it was out to dinner (Grill'd) and a movie (Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald) with Tammie and squiggle...

this morning I switched the left pedal on my bike for a platform pedal (not enough strength to unclip as that is my "stopping" leg) so I could go for a test ride...I did a loop of Lake Tuggeranong....

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 18.4/47% (apparent temp 15.2)
start time: 10:46am
total distance: 12.19
total time: 34:44 (including 0:04 stopped time)
avg speed: 21.1
total calories: 235
avg HR: 115

better than riding the exercise bike!

did a gym session when I got back...hopefully I'll get the all clear tomorrow to begin commuting again even if it means ride in one day and ride home the next...

No comments: