About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

07 November 2018

Parental units home...

Sunday (cont.)...headed into mum after going via the golf club (to drop off a trophy) and mum & dad's to get the washing in, grab the paper and some other stuff for mum...

she was up walking around (yay) and we got the OK for her to walk over with me to see dad...when we got to dad he was just about to go for a walk on the rolling frame...we spent about 90mins there before I walked mum back then headed home...

Monday I drove/walked/bused to work...had physio session #7 (I walked to/from for the first time boot-free)...added in are: standing calf stretches on an incline, double calf leg raise with single calf lower (every second day), single leg balancing while holding a theraband tied to an immoveable object...we also added weight to my step ups - I don't have free weights at home so will have to find some...I also got the OK to swing my irons at the driving range...

mum eventually got the all clear after lunch following her MRI with the diagnosis being "vestibular neuritis"...I got in there just after 4 and she was champing at the bit to leave having all her belongings ready to go and walking out of her room as I got there (she'd seen me in the carpark)...we dropped her stuff off in my car then went to see dad...

dad had been on crutches during the day (flat stuff only) so it was looking like he was going to discharged in the next day or two...

after that visit I took mum home via the shops...

Tuesday...back to busing in....dad got the all clear to be discharged late in the morning so it looks like he passed the stairs crutch test...mum didn't need me to come and help pick him up and it looks like they got themselves safely home some time in the afternoon...

meanwhile I had a go at tipping in all the races at Flemington...best I could do was two 3rds from ten races....!

I also walked down to check the Floriade fencing which is still well and truly up...

today...bused in...attended BBQ Stakes as usual to drop off the FkF startlist and record the finishers...was a bit damp so stayed in the underpass...reverse course today and the retirees lead by Gary B won...I will have to ask the physio when I can walk it...of course I want to walk parkrun first as it's flat!...I am planning to do the BBQ Stakes Xmas Relay with Jodie - I just have to figure out which bit I will walk....

speaking of parkrun, now that I can drive I can at least volunteer and am down to be a marshal this week (last week the roster was full)...

No comments: