About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

19 February 2018

Cricket...

a bit of a stuff up for FkF...Mike hadn't told me he wasn't going to be there so I hadn't prepared a start sheet for Jim & co...luckily Carolyne was on the ball and got everyone's start off the website...

Saturday I elected not to run parkrun so that's two weeks in a row without one...

I did some cache maintenance for Suze on the way to cricket at Nicholls as well as finding two...

this was our last round match and we were playing top of the table Workers Redbacks...our place in 3rd was safe but we could perhaps prevent them from winning the minor premiership if we beat them and 2nd place got a double bonus point win...

they won the toss and batted...we started well with our young quick Terry pick up all 4 wickets to fall in the first session to have them 4/87 off 23...our bowling and field placements let us down in the second session as they finished with 6/224 from 45 overs...Terry finished with 4/37 off 9 while I took the other two wickets for 41 off 8...they hit a total of 14 sixes (plus 13 fours) on the relatively small ground...

our reply got off to a good start to be 2/110 off 23 overs but after we lost our leading run scorer, Simon, our run rate slowed...I had come in at 4 and put on 62 with #5 before I was given out LBW in comical circumstances...

I was struck on the back leg missing a full toss I was trying to put over midwicket...appeals for LBW were turned down and square leg called no ball for an above waist high full toss (we umpire ourselves in round matches)...I rightly pointed out it couldn't possibly be a no ball (I was hit mid thigh and the ball was on its way down) and then I was given out (which was more than likely right)...

in the end we need 40 off 30, then 32 off 24...wickets were falling due to rash shots/poor running between wickets...

two tight overs so the target 26 off 12...then it was down to 19 off 6...we lost a wicket then scored 1, 1, 1, 1...a no ball was bowled and we ran 2 so it was now 9 off 1...in the end they only got 1 to lose by 7...

yesterday Tammie and I headed out for a drive to Captains Flat and back to do some caching...we found 47 and DNF'd 2...

No comments: