About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

22 October 2017

parkrun #111, Barton CC...

Friday was quite muggy after the overnight rain...more walking...

with Tuggeranong parkrun cancelled due to construction near the footbridge, it was off to Ginninderra, the site of my first parkrun back in June 2012...

start temp/humidity: 7.0/72% (apparent temp 4.8)
start time: 8:03am
total distance: 5.03
total time: 24:47
avg pace: 4:56
total calories: 336
avg HR: 148
TE: 3.3
Recovery HR: 98/62
BPK: 730

splits: 4:58, 5:00, 4:54, 5:01, 4:47, 0:06

49th out of 211...66.08%...8th female out of 100...2nd W45-49 out of 16...

had a bit of a break before my first match of the season with the Barton lads...this season I was starting off in 4s having played last season in 5s...

we won the toss and batted first...batting at 3 I had a good wait before I went as the first pair put on 79 off 20...I survived a very close shout for LBW first ball even though I was on the front foot I though I might have been gone...next ball I got a full toss which I put away awkwardly over forward square for 1...we got to drinks (23 overs) at 1/81...

from there we struggled as I gifted a catch off a low full toss to mid on for 1...we were 3/87 in the 27th over then 4/119 in the 39th...in the end we finished with 5/153 with our captain, Campo, carrying his bat for 79...

Canberra City got off to a lucky start with edges flying untouched through slips...with one batter going hard and the other just staying there, they passed 70 at a reasonably good rate...meanwhile I'd come on to bowl first change...

I started with a maiden then conceded 1 and 4 off my next two overs...in my 4th over I picked up the main scoring opener, caught at midwicket off a legcutter for 57 (1/83)...next over I bowled the #3 for 8 as he tried to smash over the legside...

at drinks (23 overs) they were 2/91...I had 2/6 off 5...

3 balls after the resumption, I bowled their #4 for 0 with a ball that stuck in my hand and hit the top of middle as he made a hash of putting it away!...3/91...

I bowled my 9 overs straight and picked up a 4th wicket in my last over (caught at wide mid on) to finish with 4/15...Canberra City were 4/110 after 30 overs, need only 44 off 90...

one of our opening bowlers came back, Mike, into the attack and picked up the next two wickets for the addition of no runs, including the other opener who had batted 31 overs for 25 runs...6/110...Mike finished with 2/10 off his 9...

the next pair put on 17 before one of our other bowlers, Dan, whose first two overs went for 26 early on in the innings came back into the attack and took 4/0 off 1.2 overs as we ended up winning by 23 runs with 4.4 overs to spare...at one stage he was on a hat-trick which was well dug out by their #11...

in fact, their #11 was a sub player as our captain had agreed to let them have an extra batter at the innings break after one of their bowlers made a mess of one his fingers while fielding a hard hit return when bowling and had to go to hospital for stitches...

this was 4s first win of the season after being easily beaten in the first two rounds...

No comments: