About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

09 August 2017

BBQ Stakes #66...rabbit 10 hunter 4...

I had a late start yesterday on a very cold morning...could see the snow on the mountains while on our walk...

I didn't end up riding (slacker)...

was going to run at lunch but opted to go pick up my new laptop instead...

got a TUber home after work and then spent the rest of the night setting up the laptop...

had another late start this morning due to a late night...much nicer conditions for our walk...

bused in to work...

the wabbit was berry berry qwiet in the lead up to today's run...I had to run from the bus (which was running late), making it to the start with 75secs to spare...as usual she had started off 4:45, a 16:15 headstart...

conditions were good and my legs felt fresh so I had a real crack...I spotted her just as she neared the top of the last hill but I knew I had no chance of catching her despite my best efforts...in the end the margin was 0:18...she finished 25th in 45:50, her third best time overall and 2nd fastest on the standard course, while I was 31st...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 14.1/48% (apparent temp 13.9)
start time: 12:30pm
total distance: 6.01
total time: 29:53
avg pace: 4:58
total calories: 433
avg HR: 167*
TE: 4.0
recovery HR: 118/54
BPK: 829

*seems a bit high as it peaked at 202 behind Chifley!...the strap itself is starting to fall apart so I will have to get a replacement...

splits: 5:00, 5:18, 4:50, 5:26, 4:36, 4:41, 0:01

the wabbit was happy to win as that means I can't catch back up before she leaves on her next overseas jaunt in mid-September!

booked flights and accommodation for Melbourne for the City2Sea in November so I can complete the 2017 City Run Series (City2South, City2Surf, Canberra Times Fun Run & City2Sea)....I'm unlikely to run all four events again in the same year!

No comments: