About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

28 June 2017

BBQ Stakes #61...rabbit 6 hunter 3...

last night just having got my bike ready to head home, I discovered I had a flat rear tyre...I had a spare tube so switched them over but could not pump it up as hard as I like, nevertheless it was good enough to get me home just not at a fast pace!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 6.2/83% (apparent temp 5.2)
start time: 6:29pm
total distance: 17.60
total time: 50:05 (including 1:05 stopped time)
avg speed: 21.1kph
total calories: 365
avg HR: 120

as the replacement tube had been repaired a couple of times and I hadn't found anything in the tyre to ID the puncture point I figured the tyre would be flat again this morning and it was...time for some new tubes and tyres methinks...

it wasn't too cold for this morning's walk and I got myself ready just in time to catch the bus...mind you I hadn't done my backpack up properly and some stuff fell out as I ran to the bus...lucky Tammie found it (ear warmer and new buff) for me!

the rabbit had rolled her ankle badly doing some painting on Saturday thanks to a paver so as she was still keen to do the run, I advised her to start off scratch instead of her new shiny handicap of 5:00...in the end she started off 2:00 (a 19:00 head start) as she helped set up which is just as well for me...

I asked Ian H at about the 4.5k mark how far ahead she was and he replied "out of sight, you won't catch her"..."bugger me" (or something to that effect) escaped from my lips...I put my foot down although I was already pushing...through the underpass at Lyons shops and still no sign of her...I started up the hill and there she was near the school, walking...I yelled out so she knew I was coming and she started to jog a bit...

I knew I had her then and eventually I passed her with about 500 to go just after the scout hall to finish 20th...she was hard to spot as she had new ears - all black instead of black & white!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 9.7/74% (apparent temp 8.8)
start time: 12:31pm
total distance: 6.03
total time: 29:44
avg pace: 4:56
total calories: 414
avg HR: 154
TE: 3.7
recovery HR: 125/41
BPK: 760

splits: 5:07, 5:23, 5:00, 5:13, 4:13, 4:41, 0:07

the rabbit still managed to finish 36th in 49:49...had she started off scratch I would have finished well behind again...!

no BBQ for me next week as I will be on holiday at Batemans Bay so the chase will be put on hold...hopefully that will give the rabbit's ankle a bit more time to heal so she can go off her proper handicap and see if we can have a sprint finish!...Kerrie was talking about having a watch-free team event next week anyway...

No comments: