About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

25 April 2017

LTS #1...

had a good ride home last night

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 16.0/65% (apparent temp same)
start time: 5:45pm
total distance: 17.69
total time: 45:46 (including 0:12 stopped time)
avg speed: 23.2kph
total calories: 299
avg HR: 116

had a bit of a sleep in before taking the boys for their walk...it was drizzling at the start but had cleared by the end plus it was quite still...

I pottered around the house including fixing a flat back tyre on my bike (a little thorn was the culprit) before dropping some stuff into storage on the way to doing my first Lake Tuggeranong Stakes (to be known as LTS moving forward)...I'd checked with Thomo the day before to make sure it was on...it was raining and windy by the time I got there...

wet weather rules were in place and there were four other first timers too - Dave C, Peter D, Natty B and Will B...I normally run easy on Tuesday so decided to do a steady/tempo run...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 15.1/98% (apparent temp same)
start time: 12:20pm
total distance: 5.96
total time: 29:28
avg pace: 4:57
total calories: 405
avg HR: 150
TE: 3.5
recovery HR: 112/46
BPK: 743

splits: 4:54, 4:46, 5:08, 4:48, 5:03, 4:49

post-run we retreated to shelter at the front of the Arts Centre...Peter F welcomed the new starters and announced that this run was the 25th anniversary of the LTS...as there was no actual winner, Peter F conducted a psuedo random allocation and Lloyd was the winner - he had run the very first LTS so it was appropriate that he won...

after a shower and some more pottering around I headed over to Melba to watch Jodie and Lisa paint wood for their pergola which is to be built on the weekend...we had a bit of a chat while they put paint everywhere and I put Lisa's bike on my car as Jodie will be using it for the Urban Polaris on Saturday...I left them to it as I had to get some bread...

No comments: