About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

19 March 2017

Red Hill...

considered getting up early to see the balloons but changed my mind which is just as well as they didn't launch...they only got up 2 days out of 9...

met the speedygeese long run group at Parliament House and headed out on the course devised by Ewen....Red Hill/Federal Golf Course for 16k then for those wishing to go longer, another 9 around Stirling Ridge...

we only took the wrong route once, take the left option at a fork instead of a right not far from Federal...the others were that far ahead that I couldn't call them back so went the same way as they did so they wouldn't have to look for me...in the end I think it shaved about 400m off the 16k...

I added some to my run after returning to Parliament House to round the time up to 2 hours....mind you the last 5k or so were slow due to a very sore left hip/glute...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 17.9/85% (apparent temp same)
finish temp/humidity: 20.6/75% (apparent temp same)
start time: 7:37am
total distance: 18.06
total time: 120:00
avg pace: 6:39
total calories: 1141
avg HR: 132
TE: 3.4
recovery HR: 95/35

it was quite humid so I was glad to finish...

headed home to feed the animals...also played with my new toy courtesy of Jodie - a leaf blower!....unfortunately the battery wasn't fully charged so I will have to finish this afternoon...

I headed over to Jodie & Lisa's place as we were going to the Super Netball match between the Giants and the Thunderbirds at the AIS...

the Giants won 53-38 in an entertaining match but the Giant's captain Kim Green suffered a knee injury in the first quarter...she did appear on the bench after halftime with heavy compression on her left knee but she was hobbling without crutches so hopefully that's a good sign...

now I'm watching the cricket...

No comments: