About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

18 February 2017

parkrun #83...

yesterday the BRun back to my car was a lot harder than the Brun in...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 33.3/18% (apparent temp 31.0)
start time: 5:25pm
total distance: 6.65
total time: 23:52
avg speed: 16.7
total calories: 211
avg HR: 131

did my grocery shopping then watched the T20...Australia didn't score enough runs off the last five overs...

it was raining big fat drops on the way to parkrun...by the time we started it had stopped...I felt strong today but didn't have any oomph...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 18.4/56% (apparent temp same)
start time: 8:01am
total distance: 4.92
total time: 23:20
avg pace: 4:45
total calories: 311
avg HR: 151
TE: 3.3
recovery HR: 106/59
heart beats per k: 738

splits: 4:40, 4:43, 4:47, 4:51, 4:19

36th out of 322, age 69.43%...3rd female out of 169...2nd W45-49 out of 32...

it was bucketing down by the time I came to load my cricket gear into the car and head to Southwell Park...yet it was nice and sunny at the ground...

we lost the toss and were sent in to bat...I was down to bat at 3 and was in with the score at 1/9 in the 4th over...

the captain and I set about building a partnership as the skies began to darken and the rain started...in the end we raced off when there was a massive bolt of lightning and clap of thunder near Mt Ainslie...the score was 1/36 off 11.2 overs...

we were off for just over an hour as the rain continued...the game was reduced to 30 overs a side...it was a bit greasy but not too bad considering the amount of rain...

in the end I managed to stick around to the end and finished off the innings with a 4 and a 6 as we racked up 7/184...I finished with 79...

one of our opening bowlers was coping well with the conditions and took 4/26 off his 6 overs...

they then had a bit of a partnership with one player playing relatively correctly while the other was a big hitter...we'd had more rain and some of our bowlers were struggling to get a grip as the seam turned to soap...

I came on to bowl in the 17th over and after bowling one ball off my usual run up I opted for the short version gripping the ball on the sides of the ball as opposed to the seam...the aim was just to bowl on or outside off stump...

I was fortunate enough the get the more correct batter out caught behind in my first over and then picked up another three wickets in my third over including the big hitter caught behind and the next batter bowled first ball...my hattrick ball was a low fulltoss and played away for one...then two balls later my fourth wicket was one skied to mid off where a very good overhead catch was taken...

in the end I finished with 4/29 off my 6 and we restricted them to 8/148 to win by 36...this gives us a shot at 2nd and the double chance in the semis but it depends if the match between 2nd and 4th got on at Garran...

No comments: