About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

10 December 2016

parkrun #71...

Jim won the Customs' point-score for the second half of the year by 2pts from Craig...Nick and Narelle Blackaby were there and Nick presented the trophy to Jim...Jim was actually the defending champion from the first part of the year...

rode home a bit later than usual...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 19.9/36% (apparent temp same)
start time: 6:07pm
total distance: 17.65
total time: 47:53 (including 2:19 stopped time)
avg speed: 22.1kph
total calories: 386
avg HR: 126

it was a bit fresh for parkrun but it soon warmed up...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 12.7/63% (apparent temp same)
start time: 8:01am
total distance: 4.97
total time: 22:26
avg pace: 4:31
total calories: 310
avg HR: 158
recovery HR: 109/62
heartbeats per k: 714

splits: 4:25, 4:35, 4:31, 4:35, 4:20

38th out of 253, age 72.27%...3rd female out of 120...1st W45-49 out of 20...

I had a bit of break before heading to Harman to play for Barton 5ths v Harman, the league leaders...

we lost the toss and fielded...they got off to a bit of a flier, smacking our young quick and spinners around...at drinks they were 2/82 off 23...fortunately they paid me a lot of respect and I bowled my 9 straight after opening and finished with 1/19...

I had one of the openers dropped, the other opener nearly hit a catch to mid on who didn't move forward plus I induced a couple of inside edges past the stumps...

after drinks they accelerated while our fielding let us down...I dropped one on the boundary above my head (it went for 6) then a couple of overs later I dropped another one charging in from the boundary, going low...

I did catch one at long on which was smacked so hard I have a spot bruise at the base of my left pointer finger!

they finished with 6/264 which meant we had to score almost at a run a ball to win...to my surprise the captain asked me to bat at 3 despite my second ball duck from last week...I figured he was desperate!

I was in with the score at 1/8 off 2.5 overs...I survived a streaky inside edge to fine leg playing defensively (we took the run)...

the other opener didn't last long falling LBW (2/13) and then I should have been out caught at cover (we stole another single)...

the next two wickets fell for 7 runs for us to be 4/21...I then had a mini partnership with my fellow opening bowler (9 overs, 0/66) of 35 before he skied one to wide mid on for 21...5/56

our wicketkeeper and leading runscorer, Wendell, and I then managed to reach 5/78 off 23 at drinks...

we added 88 in total for the 6th wicket before I edged behind for 54...6/138...in the end we batted out the overs to finish with 8/176 with Wendell continuing his good form to finish with 51 not out off the last ball...

once back home I settled in to watch the WBBL match between the Melbourne Stars and the Sydney Thunder on Ch 10...

No comments: