About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

22 October 2016

parkrun #67...

there were a few puddles for parkrun after overnight rain...it was breezy but I didn't notice a headwind until the last k...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 11.9/88% (apparent temp 10.5)
start time: 8:00am
total distance: 4.99
total time: 23:00
avg pace: 4:36
total calories: 311
avg HR: 156
recovery HR: 104/61
heartbeats per k: 718

splits: 4:26, 4:36, 4:38, 4:36, 4:45

26th out of 213, age 70.43%...2nd female out of 106...1st W45-49 out of 22...

Tim did the Town of Seaside parkrun today (I'm planning to do that one next week) and finished 2nd in 19:42...he won't be running it with me as he will be in Noosa preparing for the tri...

my car played up again after I got back from parkrun so back to the dealer it will go on Monday - I've disconnected the battery so it doesn't go flat in the meantime...fortunately I can use Tammie's car...

so 8.5 years after my last game of (outdoor) cricket, I joined the fellas from the Barton CC 5th grade side in the City & Suburban comp at Southwell Park (on the field behind the netball centre) to play the Woden Wanderers CC...

our skipper won the toss and put them in...we dismissed them inside the 45 overs for 117...

I bowled my allotment of 9 overs in two spells - 0/23 off 6 and then 1/12 off 3...my end was uphill and into the wind...I struggled to get consistency in my run-up but at least the ball mostly came out all right...I also ended up with two catches at mid off, both up & under into the wind...

we had scored 1/15 off 5 overs when horizontal rain followed by hail brought a halt to play...

the other team was reluctant to return to the field (always a problem when no neutral umpires are involved) but we started back at about 5pm...

that last one ball when one of the fielders "slipped" going for the ball and promptly walked off the field...he was joined by a team-mate who didn't appreciate some comments from the non-striker (I was umpiring at the bowler's end) and he was followed not long after by the rest of the team...their captain remained and spoke to our captain (umpiring at square leg)...

given there was no agreement to end the game, it looks like a forfeit by them instead of a draw....needless to say, the result may not be known for sometime! what a finish to my first game back...

hopefully tomorrow's game, if we get on, wont be so controversial!

No comments: