About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

21 October 2016

Baggy Blues...

rode to Woden track for the Daniels last night...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 18.2/47% (apparent temp same)
start time: 5:27pm
total distance: 11.03
total time: 25:00 (including 0:00 stopped time)
avg speed: 26.5kph
total calories: 195
avg HR: 124

gave all the runners their starts then hung about to collect the results before heading home...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 16.3/44% (apparent temp same)
start time: 6:54pm
total distance: 7.66
total time: 22:33 (including 0:00 stopped time)
avg speed: 20.4kph
total calories: 158
avg HR: 119

this morning I was up early to drive up to Sydney to attend the inaugural Baggy Blues golf day at Oatlands GC...

they had split the field in two with the low markers separated out...each low marker then drew a name out of the trophy to be their partner...amazingly with just 4 women in the field - two of us were low markers and drew the name of one of the other women out...

it was an ambrose event which means each player plays their own ball and then you pick the best positioned to play from next and so on...

I was partnered with Kerri McDonald with Gary Bensley and Hugh Martin rounding out our grouping...

we started off the 1st tee, with the other groups starting off 16, 17 & 18 for the shotgun start...

the weather was great if a little windy...we all played off the white tees...Kerri & I had 39 on the front while the fellas had 40...

longest drive was on the uphill into the wind par 4 hole 7...both Kerri and I got on with my drive being longer while Hugh got on for the fellas...my drive was longer than his :-)

on the back we played steady golf to have 8 pars and a bogey while the fellas had two bogeys and a birdie which meant both pairs had 38...we finished with 77 while Gary & Hugh had 78...

we didn't finish in the overall placings but I did score a box of balls for the longest women's drive...

after lunch I headed home via Kingsgrove Sports in Parramatta as I will be playing my first two (!) outdoor games this weekend in 8.5 years...I had to get some hardwicket shoes, pants and socks...

tomorrow I will be playing for Barton CC in their 5th grade team (City & Suburban comp played on synthetic) while Sunday I will be playing for Weston Creek Molonglo CC in the women's team in a T20 match on turf...

luckily I hadn't given my cricket gear away but had to get it out of storage...everything is still in good nick!

I'll be running parkrun as usual before heading to Lyneham for Barton's game starting at 12:30pm...Sunday's game will be at ANU South at 10am...

No comments: