About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

21 August 2016

parkrun #60, Jetettes and a couple of trips...

after having singlet weather for FkF it was back to winter weather for parkrun...and it was breezy as well...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 6.3/71% (apparent temp 5.4)
start time: 8:00am
total distance: 4.96
total time: 23:54 (official 23:53)
avg pace: 4:37
total calories: 326
avg HR: 154
recovery HR: 110/53
heartbeats per k: 711

splits: 4:29, 4:35, 4:44, 4:39, 4:28

26th out of 170, age 70.07%...2nd female out of 85...1st W45-49 out of 10...

back to golf for the first time in two weeks...it was stableford today and we had four seasons of weather during the round...with people pulling out prior to the comp I managed to get moved into the first group...in the end, 19 started but only 10 finished...

I managed to score on every hole to finish with 30pts (90 off the stick) to win the last ball...

from there I raced to Jamison to watch the Jetettes taking on Queanbeyan in the second semi...Eastlake had beaten Belconnen in the first semi so Belconnen would be playing the winner of this match...Jodie watched with me and there were a bunch of former Jets (the JOGs) watching as well...

Queanbeyan kicked the first two goals of the game (I missed the first one after arriving after the first bounce) but the Jetettes dominated possession and field position without converting on the scoreboard...

at quarter-time, Queanbeyan 2.0-12 to 0.2-2...it was more of the same in the second quarter with Queanbeyan leading 3.2-20 to 0.5-5...

the Jetettes were a changed team in the third quarter and managed to keep Queanbeyan scoreless...unfortunately inaccuracy in front of goal saw the scores level at 2.8-20 to 3.2-20...

the final quarter was a hard fought battle with the Jets again unable to convert while Queanbeyan kicked one goal...with 4 minutes to go, Queanbeyan lead by 3...the Jetettes took a mark deep in the forward pocket which left a very tight angle...Dormo took two steps to the right and managed to squeak her kick through to give the Jetettes the lead for the first time in the match!

desperate defence held Queanbeyan out as the Jetettes won 3.11-29 to 4.2-26! You beauty!!

lucky for us, our opposition had forfeited indoor cricket the day before so we were able to watch the whole game...our opposition team is made up of softballers and a tournament they were meant to play at Georges River had been moved to this weekend...

we chillaxed back at Jodie and Lisa's until I headed off to mum & dad's for dinner...

this morning I headed to the Arboretum to run the first 2/3rds of the third leg of the Sri Chinmoy Ultra Trail course...I had arranged with Jodie & Lisa for a pick up back to my car from the corner of Dryandra St/Frith Rd...

it was quite breezy and very cool so I was glad I had my running jacket with me...I'd downloaded the course to my geocaching GPSr so I was pretty confident I'd be able to find my way...

unfortunately I managed to trip over twice!...the first time not long after 6k which wasn't too bad as I slid more than landed hard on the loose ground...the second time was a bit more painful and happened just after 13k - the ground this time was quite hard and I gave it a fair whack!....this was after having negotiated some quite rocky trails without mishap!...

I gave Jodie a call after the second one and asked them to bring some first aid stuff to clean me up as I made a real mess with the second one (blood was running down my leg)...at least I was able to finish the rest of the run as planned...

Drs Davis and Goodisson did a good job of cleaning me up and getting me back to my car...I might need to run trails in bubblewrap from now on!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 6.7/84% (apparent temp 3.4)
finish temp/humidity: 8.3/80% (apparent temp 4.5)
start time: 8:56am
total distance: 16.16
total time: 2:02:56
avg pace: 7:36
total calories: 1222
avg HR: 133
recovery HR: 98/25

I then spent about 90mins course planning for the first spring event of street O before heading home and watching the Raiders come from behind to beat the Eels...

No comments: