About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

31 August 2016

BBQ Stakes #23...

handicap again remains unchanged on 21:30 for the BBQ Stakes (that makes 12 weeks off the same start)...I managed to forget my running socks - well not forget, they WERE on my pile of clothes to be packed for work but rolled off without me noticing!...I ended up running in my "work" socks...Jodie bought me a pair for afterwards (actually it was a two pair pack so one will stay at work)...

it was consistent drizzle and very slippery underfoot for today's run...I did start with my jacket on but took it off after about 1.7k as it was too humid!

crossed the line 25th (not as many runners), 1min slower than last week...just no option but to tip toe through some patches!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 13.6/98% (apparent temp 12.0)
start time: 12:30pm
total distance: 6.04
total time: 31:06
avg pace: 5:09
total calories: 454
avg HR: 153
recovery HR: 117/44
heart beats per k: 788

1k splits: 5:13, 5:24, 5:03, 5:44, 4:39, 4:53, 0:11

luckily Jodie ended up coming early as she took over the clock from Andrew B so he could run (starting very late at 12:50pm) as the previous winner, John B, wasn't aware he had won and therefore wasn't there to hold the clock...Ewen was holding it when I arrived at the start then Thomo took over for when I started...

No comments: