About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

24 July 2016

parkrun #56...

up early Friday (5am) to get Tammie to the airport a 6:30am flight - she has a 12 week deployment on Christmas Island, returning mid-October...her flight to PER was via SYD with an overnight stay there before heading to Christmas Island (XCH) via Cocos (Keeling) Islands (CCK) on Saturday...

back home to walk Hodge and feed all four furry beasts before catching the bus to work...

as expected, I didn't do FkF...I walked there with the handicap sheet, held the clock, caught some Pokemon before walking back with the results...15 runners all up with the wet weather rules in place (run when ready, results adjusted to have everyone running off the correct handicap)...this was the first run of the new point-score...

the wind was pretty fierce when I caught the bus home...I made the decision to pull out of golf given the amount of rain we'd had during the day...

watched 2/3rds of The Martian with Matt Damon (on my iPad via Foxtel Go) before going to sleep...

it was wet and windy for parkrun although the rain did ease before the start...plenty of puddles to run through and I ended up with muddy shoes and legs again...my slowest since September last year but I can safely so the wind had a big impact!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 5.5/78% (apparent temp 0.9)
start time: 7:59am
total distance: 4.99
total time: 23:05
avg pace: 4:38
total calories: 356
avg HR: 157
recovery HR: 118/51
heartbeats per k: 727

splits: 4:27, 4:42, 4:39, 4:40, 4:37

25th out of 141, age 69.51%...2nd female out of 56...2nd W45-49 out of 11...1 unknown male ahead of me...

afterwards Tammie let me know that an email had gone out stating the golf course had been closed due to trees down and subsequent damage so it was a good choice to pull out the night before...

after a shower and breakfast I headed out to fix another one of Suze's caches before doing some caching of my own...the wind was very strong and I struggled to stay upright at times...

the first game of the new indoor comp was at 4:15pm at Kaleen...we, the jaguars, were playing the cyclones...

currently 6-a-side we are hoping that increases to 8 by the third round as there's just too many gaps to cover in the field...

I hadn't played in nearly three years so it took a few balls to get the radar on target warming up...

we batted first and made 171 off our 12 overs...Jodie and I batted last and put on 78 I think with only one out (Jodie getting run out smashing it into the back court) - I was a bit rusty...

we managed to restrict them to 131 or so in reply...my second over (the last of the game) was much better than my first - i was bowling a full length and getting it to swing in nicely...the opposition was made up of softballers so they find that sort of delivery hard to get away...

had dinner at Jodie and Lisa's after (tacos) and watched Our Brand is Crisis (with Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton) on DVD...it's a 2015 movie...

Failing badly in the polls, a Bolivian presidential candidate enlists the services of an American management team for help. The main star is "Calamity" Jane Bodine (Sandra Bullock), a brilliant strategist who comes out of self-imposed retirement for a chance to beat her professional nemesis, the loathsome Pat Candy. With Candy working for the opposition, it becomes a down-and-dirty, all-out battle between political consultants, where nothing is sacred and winning is all that matters.

No comments: