About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

01 May 2015

Peroneal...

a solid ride home Wednesday night...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 11.9/72% (apparent temp 10.1)
start time: 5:47pm
total distance: 17.74
total time: 48:30 (including 1:19 stopped time)
avg speed: 21.9kph
total calories: 574
avg HR: 129

had to ride between two 'roos at the back of Chifley...they just watched me as they munched on the grass...

Thursday morning I didn't walk Hodge but I did ring the physio and managed to snag an appointment for 3pm...meanwhile Sam has figured out he can climb up our clothes - which is OK when you have something jeans on but not tracksuit pants!

was at the physio just over an hour - my stretch in my left ankle was ~5cm at the start but by the end it was nearly 10cm...my right ankle is 11cm...

basically he worked on mobilising my ankle and then I did a few different stretches...he also got me doing a PNF stretch for my left quad as he thinks it's not absorbing the shock of running as well as it could...he doesn't want to see me again unless I can't sort it out through a combination of stretching and exercises...left it up to me to decide when to run again...I will just have to see how it goes...the best stretch for providing relief was a peroneal one...

today I walked Hodge, doing stretches along the way...Sam is off to the vet for his next lot of vaccinations and de-sexing...

had a good ride in but couldn't quite break 40 as I got stuck at lights on London Circuit...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 12.2/77% (apparent temp 12.1)
start time: 8:12am
total distance: 16.67
total time: 40:24 (including 1:33 stopped time)
avg speed: 24.7kph
total calories: 549
avg HR: 129

I'll walk down to FkF to collect the money...

tonight we will be going to the Brumbies/Waratahs match instead of the third Night OWL event at Yarralumla Bays...

No comments: