About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

26 May 2015

Butterfly...

Thursday I went on another caching bike ride, this time heading north from Marcoola and getting as far as Coolum Beach before returning so I could attend Madeleine's early first birthday party...

I managed to find 6 out of 6 including a puzzle cache I had solved before leaving Canberra...a couple were right on the coastline and were very cool...this ride was hillier than Tuesday's ride so it was a good workout...

Madeleine's first birthday party was held early as they will be in Dubai from 1 July as Erin will be based there for work for two years...Erin's mum made a cool butterfly cake - each wing was made of two cakes, one chocolate and one raspberry ripple with a cherry ripe log for its body...yum!

...yum!

Thursday night I had dinner at the hotel with mum, dad, Tim and Madeleine...

Friday was time for me to head back to Canberra with my flight leaving at 11:30am...Tim and Madeleine came to the hotel to see me off while mum & dad dropped me at the airport...

Saturday, after taking Hodge on a long walk, we played the first of two rounds for the Weekend Trophy, a nett stroke event...I managed to shoot 87 off the stick for a nett 76 but it could have been so much better as I had two birdies (10 & 16) but four double bogeys...I'm sitting in 4th, 3 shots behind the leader...

Sunday, after taking Hodge on another long walk, was spent doing some gardening and two tip runs...

No comments: