About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

20 May 2015

Surprise...

Monday we were up early for my flight to the Sunshine Coast via Sydney...6:25am departure from CBR, 8:15am departure from SYD for a 9:50am arrival at MCY...

Tim picked me up and we headed to Erin's parents' house in Twin Waters where they were staying...I helped with dessert for dinner and also looked after Madeleine at times (she is so cute!)...

Tim dropped me off at my accommodation in Marcoola around 2:30pm after we picked up Erin's bike from storage for me to use during my stay...

it was arranged for mum and dad to be at Twin Waters by 5pm with Tim picking me up at 5:30pm...I stayed tucked away while they prepared to toast dad's 80th and popped out at the right time giving both mum and dad quite a surprise!

dinner was lovely, from starters through to dessert, and a good night was had by all...

yesterday, after mum and dad dropped a pump and lock off for me (they are staying at Erin & Tim's studio in the town of Seaside)...I headed out for a caching bike ride and ended up meandering from Marcoola to Buderim (where Madeleine was born) and back over the space of about 5hrs...I found 11 out of 12 caches attempted, including one I DNF'd while waiting for Madeleine to appear last year...I called past the shop for supplies on the way back...

we had dinner at Seaside with Tim on the BBQ...Madeleine was there too while Erin had some time with her folks...

today Tim and I walked up Mount Coolum...firstly Tim met me across the road from my hotel and we rode to Seaside then we walked from there to Mount Coolum...the walk up took about 30mins and down was about 23mins...we didn't rush and enjoyed the views on the way up and down...there were quite a few people going up and down as well...

we came back to Seaside via the beach before riding to Twin Waters...for me that was a combined bike/foot trip of just under 20k...I later rode back to the hotel...

tonight we are having dinner at the studio again, this time having hamburgers prepared by Erin...

No comments: