About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

27 January 2015

5-iron...

Sunday I watched the WNCL final between NSW and SA via live streaming on the cricket.com.au website...I watched it on TV via my iPad and Apple TV...can never have enough gadgets!

NSW dominated the game from the start - racking up 4/279 after being put into bat and then dismissing SA for 135 to win by 144 runs...that's 10 WNCL titles in a row for NSW and their 17th out of a possible 19 since the inception of the WNCL in 1996/7...I was a member of the team that won the first 7 of those 17 titles (1996/7-2001, 2002/3)...

Sunday night I took Hodge for a walk on his normal weekday loop, his first proper walk since last Monday...it was a little slower (!) than usual but it was good to get out and about...

Monday I again walked Hodge before heading to the golf course...this time I walked (albeit a little slowly but we were the last comp group so there was no pressure to speed up) and managed to score 84 off the stick for 38pts...that's only 4 shots off my best score off the stick...my handicap will be acbk to 12 for my next game at Belconnen...

on a funny note, on the first hole I reached for my 5-iron only for the slot to be empty...after checking the Pro Shop to see if it was handed in and a couple of text messages, it apparently ended up being in the bag of the other player sharing the cart with me on Saturday - I think she picked it up thinking it was hers (our clubs are similar)...turned out I would have only used it 4 times anyway - I went with either an easy 4-iron (x3) or a hard hit 6-iron (x1)...as you can see it didn't seem to affect my game!

Tuesday I walked Hodge and Hunter on the weekday loop - Hunter stayed on lead the whole time (my right arm is now longer than my left!) as I would haven't been able to catch him as he's not good at coming back when called...I think they both enjoyed getting out...

I caught the bus in to work and at lunchtime visited Onya Bike to organise for my bike to be checked out before I ride it again...I also got an email from Ay-Up saying my lights had been repaired and were being posted back to me!...

yesterday I played an early round of golf (7am) for 32pts then I was Manuka for the cricket...

first up was the women's T20 final (2:05pm) between NSW and VIC...NSW won the toss and batted first making an impressive 3/175 and then kept VIC to 8/124 to win by 51 runs and claim the WNCL/WT20 double...the only team to do it and they've now done it twice...

had an early dinner over in Manuka at Caph's with fmaily and friends before heading back for the BBL|04 Final (7:40pm) between the Perth Scorchers and the Sydney Sixers...the weather held for the sell-out crowd...

after a slow start the game came down to the last ball...a fitting farewell for Brett Lee although not quite the fairytale ending he would have wanted...!

No comments: