About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

25 January 2015

Golf...

Thursday I was back at work...

went for a walk to the PO at lunchtime to send my headlights off for repair and bumped into one of my former footy teammates...we had a good chat - mostly about my accident and her pregnancy!

it was a bit disconcerting to be recognised as "the one knocked over by the kangaroo" by total strangers!

Thursday was also Tammie's last night as a 39yr old so I managed to organise a surprise dinner at Smoque with family and friends - she doesn't like surprises but it was worth it...

Friday Suze chauffeured me to Blacktown so I could do the online scoring for the WNCL semi final between VIC and NSW...I'm not able to drive as I don't have enough flexion in my knee with the stitches to use the clutch...

on a pitch with variable bounce, VIC made 175 after being 2/131 at the second drinks break...

NSW started slowly but ended up winning by 7 wickets with 21 balls to spare...

we ended up getting back into Canberra just after 9pm so we called in to see Tammie at Belconnen Station to wish her a happy birthday before Suze dropped me back home...

today Jodie gave me a lift to the course so I could play golf...I didn't play very well (26pts, 10 over my handicap) but at least it was pain-free!...I used a cart today so I wouldn't slow everyone done but I am planning to walk in Monday's comp as we are in the last group...

No comments: