About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

17 November 2014

Bowral...

yesterday was a long day...

up at 5:45am to get ready for the road trip to Bowwral for the 3rd women's ODI between Austraila and the West Indies...managed to leave around 6:40am...

it was quite overcast for the trip and in fact I drove through quite a bit of rain for most of the trip...on arrival the rain was gone but it was very very windy...in fact, during the match the scaffolding erected for the cameras for the live streaming nearly blew over (one was over on two legs at one stage)...needless to say the cameras had previously been re-located to more stable positions

the start of play was delayed until 10:45am with the Windies winning the toss and electing to bat...they looked like posting a score in excess of 250 after reaching 1/97 off 20 overs but then struggled there way through to 7/220 with one player having to retire hurt due to a hamstring issue after a quick single...

Australia on the other hand struggled early to be 2/18 in the 5th over with both openers out before Meg Lanning and Ellyse Perry combined for an unbeaten 204 run partnership to see them to victory with 41 balls to spare!....Lanning finished on her highest ODI score with 135 while Perry made 64...

my day was made harder by a technical issue when the system crashed just at the first drinks break in the Australian innings...thereafter I was playing catch up and the klive scoring would have been 4 overs behind for the rest of the innings!

play finished around 5:10pm and I was back on the road around 6pm...so with a stop on the way home I arrived back at 8:20pm and watched the end of the men's match in Perth...I get to do it all again (hopefully wihtout the technical issue!) on Tuesday in Bowral followed by the day/nighter here on Wednesday for the men...

this morning I walked Hodge before riding in...I was lucky enough to have Jodie take him for a long walk yesterday so he was a good boy this morning...

I felt slow on the ride in...maybe it was the wind...but I wasn't that far off from going sub 40...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 15.0/53% (apparent temp same)
start time: 8:34aam
total distance: 16.65
total time: 40:27 (including 0:55 stopped time)
avg speed: 24.7kph
total calories: 508
avg HR: 138

I even managed to get my act together to go for a run at lunch...it was quite windy although not as bad as yesterday as I plodded around...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 21.4/32% (apparent temp same)
start time: 1:35pm
total distance: 7.03
total time: 40:00
avg pace: 5:41
total calories: 460
avg HR: 143

No comments: