About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

20 November 2014

More cricket...

the ride home on Monday was ok despite a strong crosswind...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 21.3/33% (apparent temp 15.1)
start time: 5:48pm
total distance: 17.59
total time: 47:53 (including 2:22 stopped time)
avg speed: 22.0kph
total calories: 523
avg HR: 128

Tuesday I was up early again for the drive to Bowral...the weather was much nicer and we got underway on time...

the Australians, led by Lanning (84) and Perry (74*), racked up 5/275 after a slow start...this was their highest score of the series...

the Windies started off hard and ended up hitting 6 sixes but were all out before the innings was half over for 127...in fact they were were only 9 down but the last player had injured her knee in the field and couldn't bat...

it had been a long tour for the Windies - they were in New Zealand first for a T20 and ODI series before heading here and quite a few of their players were carrying injuries...

yesterday I walked Hodge before going for an easy run...I ran around his weekend walk route...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 17.9/58% (apparent temp same)
start time: 9:39amm
total distance: 5.44
total time: 32:00
avg pace: 5:53
total calories: XXX
avg HR: XXX

I headed off to the cricket early as I had to be in my reserved parking by 12pm and I also had to pick up my accreditation before I could enter the ground...as the online/live scorer I'm actually considered part of the media so pretty much have full access...

this was my first game where the commentary was done by two of my colleagues off-site (watching on TV)...I was responsible for doing the scoring side of things although I did get to give them milestone information etc to help with their commentary...I actually got to see a lot more of what was going on...

it was another cracker of a game, particularly the way Steve Smith and AB de Villiers batted...

I'll be doing commentary for one of the BBL games before Christmas...and the same set up will be in place when I score the BBL final in January...

this morning it was back to the normal routine of walking Hodge before riding to work...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 15.6/64% (apparent temp same)
start time: 8:30am
total distance: 16.62
total time: 41:52 (including 2:27 stopped time)
avg speed: 23.8kph
total calories: 457
avg HR: 127

tonight is Hodge's last session before assessment...I think we are covering the assessment items with different instructors tonight...

No comments: