About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

24 September 2014

Dive bombing...

back to being slow riding home last night….

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 17.0/39% (apparent temp same)
start time: 6:09pm
total distance: 17.70
total time: 50:50 (including 2:16 stopped time)
avg speed: 20.9kph
total calories: 542
avg HR: 120

spent some time after dinner catching up on my cricket stats work…I maintain the national championship stats for the female under age tournaments – I’m currently entering the U18s (5 of 8 rounds done) then will have to do the U15s…time consuming as there are normally quite a lot of inconsistencies (between the actual scorecard and MyCricket, Cricket Australia’s website) or information missing (incomplete team lists, missing fielders for catches and run outs)…thankfully the Women’s National League and Twenty20 competitions are scored online live with the online scorers required to double check with the official scorers to make sure the scorecards are correct…

another cool morning but I’m sticking with the shorts for our walk…the main ovals are barricaded off so we did one of our other walks…at least he could play fetch on the aussie oval…that is until he go to play with another dog and got distracted!

an OK ride in this morning…

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 9.7/77% (apparent temp same)
start time: 8:01am
total distance: 16.75
total time: 40:55 (including 0:40 stopped time)
avg speed: 24.5kph
total calories: 506
avg HR: 119

after swoop-free commuting since 1 September, today I got swooped 4 times in the space of about 75m by a very aggressive magpie on the bike path just after crossing Waldock St to go behind Chifley...he wouldn't have had the opportunity to swoop me that many times if I didn't have to slow down for a pedestrian who came prepared with a red stick...and no footage this time as he was dive bombing me!

did an easy run at lunch…upping it to 40mins…still no pace and the same discomfort but I’m not making things worse so I’ll go with the flow!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 18.1/56% (apparent temp same)
start time: 1:30pm
total distance: 7.03
total time: 40:00
avg pace: 5:41
total calories: 521
avg HR: 155

the pace of this run was the same as my very first HM back in 2005…

No comments: