About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

13 April 2014

Marathon...Day 133 of 133

today was marathon day...my preparation was good but unfortunately I didn't run as hoped...I was on track at halfway but then the hills took their toll and I dropped way off pace, even dropping to a walk at times after 33k...I was tempted to stop but I couldn't let my supporters down...

I knew I was in trouble when the A pacer for the 4hr group passed me around the 25k mark and the B pacer passed me around 29ks...the 4:15 pacers passed me in Weston Park....!

thanks must go to speedycoach for his guidance in setting my program, the fact I failed to achieve my goal had nothing to do with that...

it was good to receive heaps of support out on the course and I really appreciated my own group of supporters (Tammie, mum and dad) popping up at 27k and at the entrance to Weston Park as well as the finish after walking to three points from the start in the first 10k...aside from supporting my efforts to train, Tammie took on the big task of driving my parents around to ease the stress on them and did a great job...

Jodie and Liv were there at the start as well as in the first 10k and Jodie made it back with plenty of time from broomball training to see me finish (with mini coke zeros in hand for post-race recovery)...Jodie also sacrificed her morning sleep to accompany me (on bike!) on several long runs...

Splits from the timing mats on the course:

10.0k 53:16 5:19
20.0k 57:27 5:32
30.0k 62:07 6:12
42.2k 93:49 7:41 (!)

the stats:

start temp/humidity: 7.1/97% (apparent temp 6.3) 
finish temp/humidity: 17.1/60% (apparent temp same) 
start time: 6:30am
total distance: 42.74*
total time: 4:24:41
avg pace: 6:12
total calories: 2446
avg HR: 149

* the first k marker was spot on but the gap rapidly got bigger to be about 400m or so around the mid-30s....the 16k marker seemed out and there wasn't a 29k marker... 

Streaks:

  • running = 2 day
  • caching = 0

No comments: