About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

04 February 2010

PM's XI v West Indies

took the day off work to do the online scoring for this match...what a run fest!

play was delayed 30mins so the match was reduced to 48 overs a side...there were two more rain interruptions in the West Indies innings which ultimately reduced the match to 45 overs a side..

Matt Hayden won the toss and put the Windies in...they rattled up a massive 5/399 with captain Chris Gayle leading the way with 146 off 89!! Lendl Simmons (70* off 49) and Kieron Pollard (36 off 17) also took a liking to scoring quickly!!

It must be daunting to have to chase at more than a run a ball right from the start of an innings and the PM's XI actually had to score 403 to win (Duckworth/Lewis) and managed 7/312 with Tom Cooper (South Australia) carrying his bat for 160 (off 120) and sharing Man of the Match honours with Gayle...

with the match finishing after 5:30pm and checking of details to do I didn't get to track until 6:25pm, missing the 3k...

of course, this was all part of my grand plan to be fresh for the 5 Lap Spiral!!

I started off group 43, Ruth 41 and Sherryl 20...Sherryl proved uncatchable and I only got Ruth literally on the line...and she made me work for it too - a PB of 9 10 seconds for me - 8:33

No comments: