About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

25 October 2012

Mad magpies...

Saturday - didn’t end up doing a Mt Majura session...slacker!

Rd 3 of the Club Championships started off well with 40 off the stick on the front (3 over the card but 4 better than my handicap) but the wheels fell off on the back as I finished with 94 (oops)...the back 9 included two out of bounds and one lost ball!...defending champ Suze ended the day with a 1 shot lead...

Sunday

Fourth and final round of the Club Championship...I started out with 10 consecutive 5s (didn’t matter if I was playing a par 3, 4 or 5!)...then had 4-6-7-3-6-6-5-3 to finish with 90 (an average of 5 per hole!)...Suze couldn’t pull together a good round and ended up losing by one shot...

somehow I managed to win the putting for the Club Championship by 1 shot - it was a surprise as I’m a bit inconsistent on the greens!

Monday’sride in was punctuated by two separate magpie attacks (I will call them the Franklin magpie and the Gungahlin Drive magpie) with the second magpie slamming into my helmet...didn’t bother me though as I bobbed and weaved down the Gungahlin Drive cycle lane (would have been funny to watch)!

the ride was into a stiff headwind and I also managed to get just about every red light!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 8.3/55% (apparent temp 4.4)
start time: 8:10am
total distance: 12.03
total time: 33:43 (including 4:55 stopped time)
avg speed: 21.4kph
total calories: 364
avg HR*: NA

the wind didn’t die down out all during the day and by the time I left work (late for me!) it felt considerable stronger and, as luck would have it, I was still riding into a headwind...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 13.8/32% (apparent temp 12.4)
start time: 6:21pm
total distance: 17.81
total time: 50:30 (including 0:26 stopped time)
avg speed: 21.2kph
total calories: 592
avg HR*: NA

Tuesday...ah, an almost windless ride in which made for a speedy one!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 6.8/66% (apparent temp 4.0)
start time: 8:04am
total distance: 17.13
total time: 42:06 (including 1:49 stopped time)
avg speed: 24.4kph
total calories: 580
avg HR*: NA

did a few caches at lunchtime including the one on the top of Mt Pleasant where I was out-muggled a couple of weeks ago!

I still haven’t found my heart rate transmitter so I ordered a new one...

I got attacked by the Franklin magpie over a distance of 200m on the way home...did warn some oncoming pedestrians but the bird only seemed to be interested in me!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 17.9/31% (apparent temp same)
start time: 5:19pm
total distance: 12.09
total time: 33:47 (including 3:18 stopped time)
avg speed: 21.5kph
total calories: 370
avg HR*: NA

Wednesday....had a flex day so played some golf (just for something different)...

afterwards rode from Harrison to Kambah...got attacked by both magpies again...hit 43kph trying to clear the Gungahlin Drive one!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 22.2/31% (apparent temp same)
start time: 4:00pm
total distance: 29.80
total time: 72:03 (including 4:59 stopped time)
avg speed: 24.8kph
total calories: 1067
avg HR*: NA

it was nice to have a magpie-free run this morning...all the nasty ones must be in the north!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 9.8/78% (apparent temp same)
start time: 7:58am
total distance: 17.12
total time: 42:53 (including 0:40 stopped time)
avg speed: 24.0kph
total calories: 559
avg HR*: NA

took a slight detour to avoid the Franklin magpie...it worked but only because by the time he saw me I was almost through his territory... he still flew like a maniac at me though!...plus it was a very strong headwind for the ride as well...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 24.0/22% (apparent temp same)
start time: 5:42pm
total distance: 12.26
total time: 34:16 (including 3:37 stopped time)
avg speed: 21.5kph
total calories: 373
avg HR*: NA

I'm going to bus to work tomorrow as a sort of taper so I have fresh legs for Sunday's big ride...I've got golf on Saturday...will pick up my rider's pack from Stromlo Forest Park after that...

No comments: