About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

30 October 2012

50k...

Saturday

started off the day with a 30min walk...actually ended up being 32:18 (!) to complete the loop (3.43k)...

golf was next on the agenda and I had one of those rounds where everything seemed to click...ended up with 83 off the stick, 5 under my handicap, to finish second...my handicap drops by 1 to 13!

picked up my rider pack from Stromlo Forest Park (SFP) for the big ride (not as big as some, but the longest ever for me)...the 50k ride colour was green and we had a swatch of colour to attach to our handlebars so marshalls knew which way to direct us...

I prepared my bike for the ride - attaching the timing transponder to the forks ($50 if you lose it, just like our usual running timing chips) and pumping up my tyres for a smoother roll...

Sunday

arrived at SFP at 8am...checked in and watched the start of the 105 Tharwa Challenge...apparently Tony Abbott did that one but I didn't see him...

mum & dad rocked up for the start and ended up staying for the duration...

we got underway right at 9am and by the time I got to Casurina Sands the field had spread out...

my goal was to ride all the way (no walking up hills), aiming for 2.5-3hrs...

I really enjoyed the ride and ended up finishing in 2:24:35...I got to the turn at Tanners Flat in 1:13 so for the first time ever I negative split an event!

didn't do much for the rest of the day!

Monday

another walk...32:47 (3.44k)...

Day 1 of the 4-day Toyota Futures League match between the ACT Comets and the NSW 2nd XI...NSW ended up on 8/321 at stumps, losing 6 wickets in the last 35 minutes after Dave Dawson (former ACT boy) made 148...

today...did the same loop as Saturday...31:56 this time :-)

Day 2 of the match was interrupted by lightning and rain late in the day so play didn't finish until 6:30pm...NSW ended up declaring at 9/465 while ACT struggled to reach 8/135 at stumps...

No comments: