About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

16 October 2012

Frustrating flats...

didn’t ride Thursday or Friday due to the weather...

Saturday I headed off to do two Mt Majura reps before golf...

got about 3/4 of the way up for the first one when I realised I had a flat back tyre...pushed on to the top and change the tubes...this took just under 20mins so it put paid to doing a 2nd rep...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 3.3/95% (apparent temp same)
start time: 7:26am
total distance: 16.78
total time: 80:00 (including 23:16 stopped time, 19:57 of which was the tube change!)
avg speed: 12.6kph
total calories: 806
avg HR*: 139

a bit frustrating but at least I got one done...

this weekend was the start of the Club Championships and it’s the first time since I joined the club back in 2000 that I’ve been able to play...normally something has got in the way like cricket, baseball or End of Season footy trips...it’s 4 rounds of stroke over two weekends...

had a solid first round - nothing spectacular but only 3 over my handicap...

Sunday I had similar start to Rd 1 but played much better for the rest of the holes with only one aberration on the 16th...managed a birdie on the 14th (long putt too!), 6 pars and 7 bogies...played to my handicap and I’m only 5 shots off the pace...

back home I cleaned my bike and fixed two punctured spare tubes (might not seem important now but...)...

yesterday morning’s ride to work was interrupted by ANOTHER flat back tyre - this time I managed to find the cause of the damage...it was a tiny piece of curved metal (basically the size of the tip of my little fingernail) and it was a bugger to remove (I need to pack pliers in my kit!)...luckily I had a spare (see importance of above mentioned repairs!) and this time it took just under 19mins to get back underway...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 6.4/88% (apparent temp 5.6)
start time: 7:58am
total distance: 12.13
total time: 52:42 (including 25:10 stopped time, 18:54 of which was the tube change!)
avg speed: 13.8kph
total calories: 417
avg HR*: 115

managed to have a flat free ride to Kambah (woo hoo)...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 19.8/40% (apparent temp same)
start time: 5:44pm
total distance: 17.67
total time: 46:17 (including 1:44 stopped time)
avg speed: 22.9kph
total calories: 513
avg HR*: 133

today’s ride in to work was stop free, a first!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 7.9/95% (apparent temp same)
start time: 7:50am
total distance: 17.11
total time: 44:16 (including 0:00 stopped time)
avg speed: 23.2kph
total calories: 592
avg HR*: 143

voted at Pilgrim House at lunchtime...now I don’t have to try and figure out when to do it on Saturday!

a bit windy on the way home but nowhere near as windy as it was later!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 22.4/30% (apparent temp same)
start time: 6:00pm
total distance: 12.05
total time: 36:51 (including 5:25 stopped time)
avg speed: 19.6kph
total calories: 395
avg HR*: 148

No comments: