About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

21 December 2007

More PBs...

arrived at the track in time to watch some of the caber tossing - some very interesting techniques!

competed in 3 events: 1k Turkey handicap, right/left hand shotput & 300m...

did my three right handed puts first before competing in the 1k...

had to guess a time and run to it in the Turkey...not very good at pacing so aimed for a PB - sub 4:00 (3:59)....ended up running a massive PB as I can't ever recall doing any sub 4:00 ks...3:51.78...blew my chances of winning the "Turkey" but rapt in the PB!!

did my three left handed puts before competing in the 300m...think I finished 2nd behind Ray...

the 300m was only my second attempt at this distance and this time I ran a much more controlled race...had lane 3 in an all-female heat...finished in 51.78 just behind Margaret Taylor who had earlier won the President's Gift in the women's 100m handicap for the 8th time!...this was a PB for me of 1.72 seconds...

scored my first Christmas present - an "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie" stubby holder...

1 comment:

Ewen said...

The 300 and 1000 are good PBs! 51.78 is impressive considering Margaret is a sprinter. Your 800m is due for a big revision going on those results.