About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

08 October 2007

Weekend Wrap...

Friday night

watched the Caps go down to the Flames in a grand final rematch...

Saturday

did a multi-cache near the Gungahlin Drive Extension at the back of Calvary Hospital either side of umpiring 2nd grade at Kaleen...felt I had a pretty good game except perhaps missing a snick (didn't see or hear it hit the bat) from the left hand opening bat off the right arm offie bowling around the wicket (he went on to make 98 out of 294)...team batting second was all out for 191...

Sunday

left for Sydney @ 6:15am...

not much to say about the game except we got hammered!...batting first we were all out for 152 in the 49th over - I made 7 including a lovely drive through cover point for 4 before I was caught at 2nd slip (only just carried), pushing at a ball I needn't have played from their left armer...

they made quick work of it, getting the runs in the 27th over for the loss of only 1 wicket...nearly took a screamer at backward square but only succeeded in slightly slowing its path to the boundary as it nearly ripped my little finger off my right hand (quite bruised and swollen now)...
at least we got an early mark and made it back home just after 7:30pm...

Monday

early start with gym - 8 attendees...

focused on upper body & core work...

my partner & I nearly completed all required:

  • DB bench press 3 x 12
  • reverse crunches 3 x 12
  • DB shoulder press 3 x10
  • crunch with Swiss Ball 3 x 12
  • incline flyes 3 x 12
  • dips 3 x 12
  • push ups 3 x 12
  • squat jumps 3 x 12
  • oblique twist with med. ball to partner (2 x 12 touching right, 1 x 12 touching left)
was "First to Find" on a new cache at lunchtime without the assistance of my Garmin which I had left at home)...was good fun...

Jodie and I will be joining the speedygeese at Parliament House tonight...

Tim came second in the short course at Googong Dam...he actually lead until the 3rd leg (the mountain bike) before being passed...his mate, Al, was 4th male & 6th overall...

No comments: