About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

23 May 2007

Christened...

completed my first deep water running session...

all up about 45mins...

warmed up with 200m freestyle (I did 4x50m without pull buoy) ...then fiddled with the belt to get it to the right size....

on into the drills basically we worked from the deep end to just shy of halfway in a mini lap...did all sorts of stuff - with me feeling very uncoordinated to start with...really had to concentrate with this stuff...good to have Tim right there helping me getting my "form" right...

about halfway though had to adjust the belt again (got it right this time)...

then did some standard drills in shallower water but only at walking pace so there wasn't any real impact for my heel to deal with...

did some more deep water stuff before finishing with 100m freestyle easy (2x50m with pull buoy)...

felt pretty good and the plan is to do it 3 times a week so the next session is on Friday...

only managed to knock my heel twice - once when I kicked myself in the warm up (d'oh) & once when I started a running lap too close to the end of the pool (double d'oh!)...

feeling good now as I enjoy my lunch!

No comments: