About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

26 February 2007

Weekend wrap...

Saturday

another good round of golf, nett 74 (so playing to my handicap) which enabled me to finish 3rd after a count back...then it was a mad rush home to collect Jodie before heading to Sydney...

we left home just after 3.30pm and then we had a mini petrol crisis - I was going to get petrol on the way home from golf but, having rung Jodie on my way home from golf, she said to wait until we could visit Eagle Hawk (just over the border on the way to Sydney) so she could get some drinks etc...

we pulled in at Eagle Hawk with the needle on "E" only to find the power was out!...i wasn't turning around to go back to Canberra so onward we went eventually reaching Collector where petrol was $129.9/litre!!...funnily enough even though the needle dropped below "E" the petrol light didn't come on not that I wanted to try & push it to see if I could get to Goulburn!

made it to our accommodation (Saville Park Suites Chatswood) in Sydney just after 6.30pm...after checking in, parking, a quick shower & change of clothes we made it to our function only 20mins late...that was OK because everyone else was being fashionably later...

it was a good night although it would have been better if we had more people there...we did have members of the original Gordon team present from 1982/3...

a number of us kicked on to a couple of other bars before calling it a night...

Sunday

Jodie headed into the city by train while I headed up to Killara...the conditions were quite overcast and drizzly...

the big covers had been on overnight which was just as well as there was quite a lot of water sitting on top...thanks to a lot of work by the secretary of the men's side of the club we started 1hr late at 12pm which meant we would still play 50 overs if the weather held off...

we lost the toss and, not surprisingly, were put in to bat...the pitch actually played quite well if much faster than usual, with plenty in movement in the air and off the deck...we made it to 1/51 in the 16th over when the drizzle started to get heavier...in the end the match was called off around 1.30pm...i managed to remain unbeaten on 20 to pass the 400 run mark for the season...

I did cop a ball just above the instep on my right foot which is causing me a bit of grief but hopefully it'll resolve itself with some ice & voltaren...

ended up picking Jodie up at Paddy's markets and visiting The Bookshop in Oxford St,getting some lunch then heading home around 3.30pm...

Today

another late start to work (missed a bus by less than 30secs which cost me 40mins)...

pilates at lunchtime lifted a notch with plenty of emphasis on the hips & lower back...

sent in my entry for the amateur open at Yowani Country Club on 18-19 March...I'm trying to fit in as much golf as I can before the operation...

no other plans for the rest of the day...

No comments: