About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

11 December 2018

Sad...

Sunday was a very very sad day...

it started out with Tammie getting an early morning call to go to Clare Holland House where her younger brother, Gavin, had been for the last couple of days as he was coming to the end of his battle with pancreatic cancer since his diagnosis in January...

she didn't want me to go with her at the stage so I headed to golf as planned...I was walking down the 10th after my tee shot when I got a voicemail from Tammie's mum asking me to come as soon as possible because Tammie had received some devastating news about a friend...I knew straight away who it was about...after making my apologies to my fellow competitors and signing off the card I was marking, I was off the course and on the way to the hospice...

Baggers, as Sam was known, had killed herself at Edmund Barton Building, AFP headquarters...Tammie was very close to her and was absolutely floored by the news...

in a double whammy, later that afternoon, Gavin also passed away so it was a very very sad time for the family...

as you'd expect it's been an emotional time since as funerals need to be planned...Gavin's on Friday while Baggers' will be in Melbourne in the next week or so (no date confirmed yet due to the official processes which need to be gone through relating to her death)...

No comments: