About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

27 February 2018

Catch up...

hmmm, bit to catch up on!

Friday lunchtime was the usual walk to FkF to collect the results and money...then after work walked back to my car at the yacht club...did the grocery shopping at Majura Park then headed home

Saturday I bought an extra chair and a portable gazebo for cricket as there's no shade at Deakin 2...

I did a cache before cricket at the Mint...

it was warm and very windy...luckily some of the guys helped me put the gazebo up but we weren't sure if it would last!

we lost the toss and batted first...not much to write home about - Simon, our star opening bat top scored with 69 as we were all out for 128 in the 36th over...only two others got double figures...

we needed to bowl and field well to have a chance and that we did...they got off to a good start to be 1/32 and then 2/54 but we bowled to our plan and took some good catches to dismiss them for 77 in the 37th over to win by 51!...and the gazebo made it!

our 3rds won straight through to the GF but our 5ths went down in their elimination semi...

Sunday I was a marshal at the first trial of the Coombs parkrun course...it was wet and windy and I was soaked by the time I got back to the car but everyone seemed to have fun...

after a change of clothes we headed to Melba to pick up Jodie and lisa to go to the Show...the rain kept the numbers down so it wasn't crowded...we had a good look through the pavilions, watched the working dogs round up sheep and watched some of the dog show which continued on despite the weather...

got one cache on the way back to Melba...

yesterday I got up on time but then decided against walking the dogs in the rain and through the puddles!

caught the bus to work and then got Tammie to pick me up after...I walked the boys after we got home...

got up a little later this morning...walked the boys then picked mum and dad up to take them to the airport as they are spending two weeks with mum's brother and his wife...I parked at the yacht club and caught the bus from Albert Hall getting in just before 10am...

I got out for a BRun at lunch - did the usual wetlands loop plus Archbishop's hill and City Hill hill...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 20.7/50% (apparent temp same)
start time: 1:05m
total distance: 14.94
total time: 45:51 (including 0:03 stopped time)
avg speed: 19.6kph
total calories: 443
avg HR: 135

No comments: