About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

12 July 2017

BBQ Stakes #62...rabbit 6 hunter 4...

yesterday I did a quick road trip to Sydney to pick up a Gumtree purchase for Tim - I left home at 6:30am and was back by 1:40pm...

put new tyres on my bike - Durano Plus...a very tight fit which took a bit of effort but hopefully worth it!

took Hodge for a walk down to the oval to chase his ball on a rope while Tammie and squiggle took Hunter to the dog park...

this morning I took the boys for walk as usual...

headed down to BBQ Stakes early to catch the rabbit before she started...the mind games were on...her ankle was sore, the sun and the moon weren't in alignment, she felt out of sync, blah, blah, blah...off she went on 5:00, a 16min head start...no hide nor hare (see what I did there?!) of her until after the access road to the scout hall...I yelled out and she started to move faster...over the rise her ears fell off (apparently causing a complete loss of superpower)...Ian picked them up as the now deaf rabbit continued on...I grabbed them from him and returned them to her just before the last underpass so she could hear my victory call...25th in 29:50 for me and 31st in 46:03 for the rabbit (her second fastest time out of 13 runs) with 13secs separating us at the end...rabbit 6 hunter 4...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 9.7/51% (apparent temp 8.4)
start time: 12:31pm
total distance: 6.03
total time: 29:50
avg pace: 4:57
total calories: 407
avg HR: 154
TE: 3.7
recovery HR: 125/45
BPK: 762

splits: 5:04, 5:21, 4:52, 5:25, 4:23, 4:38, 0:08

my feet were ice blocks for the first 2k...!

1 comment:

Ewen said...

I saw what you did there. Groan! Thought rabbit may have caught a touch of calicivirus when I saw the missing ears.