About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

21 July 2017

1993...

was a slow ride home Wednesday night, it was windy but it shouldn't be THAT slow! anyway I think I've sorted out the issue but I won't know until next week...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 7.1/78% (apparent temp 4.4)
start time: 5:59pm
total distance: 17.61
total time: 50:55 (including 1:26 stopped time)
avg speed: 20.8kph
total calories: 406
avg HR: 125

was cold yesterday morning but not foggy...didn't ride in as I couldn't be bothered riding in the wind AGAIN...so I bused in...

but it was very windy for my run...the surf was up on the lake and at one point I avoided running along the path so I didn't get wet...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 9.2/54% (apparent temp 6.2)
start time: 1:09pm
total distance: 7.12
total time: 40:00
avg pace: 5:37
total calories: 506
avg HR: 142
TE: 3.5
recovery HR: 105/42

watched quite a bit of the world Cup semi last night once it got started after the rain delay...I can't say I'm surprised India won...Kaur batted brilliantly...Australia's XI has never struck a good balance, particularly with the ball - Villani is simply not up to bowling consistently at this level...there were also a couple of passengers in the field including, unfortunately, our one-armed skipper...

to have more than capable players sitting on the sideline in this situation is beyond belief but management seemed reluctant to make any changes except those forced by injury...

two of the highest INDIVIDUAL scores of the tournament were scored against Australia and that's just unheard of prior to this tournament...

it's 1993 all over again with the Aussie forced to watch a WC final at Lord's from the stands...I know, I was there...wholesale changes were made after that tour...

this morning it was very icy...the dogs' bowls had ice on them...even Tammie's car which is undercover had ice along the side...

No comments: