About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

17 June 2017

parkrun #96...

up early to feed the furry beats before driving to Queanbeyan for an attempt at a Jets' quinella...the weather wasn't too cold and it wasn't windy either...

Cookie timed the end of her warm up to perfection and then we were off...she took off up that first hill and I was passed by young female...it looked like I was going to have to battle to achieve the quinella...

she got about 30m ahead but I managed to reel her back in just before 2k...meanwhile Cookie was extending the gap between us...

I ended up finishing 6th in a slow time but the quinella was achieved...next time I have a crack at this one I won't run FkF!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 8.0/99% (apparent temp 7.3)
start time: 8:01am
total distance: 4.98
total time: 24:23
avg pace: 4:54
total calories: 342
avg HR: 155
TE: 3.4
recovery HR: 117/46
heart beats per k: 760

splits: 4:45, 4:54, 5:07, 4:49, 4:47

6th out of 50, age 66.48%...2nd female out of 30...1st W45-49 out of 4...

today's golf was stroke and we both played MUCH better than last week... the highlight for me came early though with a chip for par on the first...

Tammie had an interesting play on the 152m par 3 3rd....her first tee shot went a bit left into the tree so she hit a provisional just in case we couldn't find it...it was on a much better line which made it a $1 shot...only one of the four of us continued to watch the ball and swore that it had gone in the hole!

I ran up to check and sure enough there it was, a hole-in-three!

in the end she broke 90 for the first time (89) and came second with a net 71 (3 behind the winner)...she also picked up nearest the pin on the 14th...I finished with 87/74 to come 4th on a count-back, enough to win a ball...my last three holes let me down as I had a double on the 16th (including a penalty shot), a three-putt on the 17th for bogey and a triple on the last...d'oh!

both of us lowered our GA handicaps - Tammie went to 15.3 which means she plays off 17 next week and I dropped to 10.8 which means I play off 12 next week...

No comments: