About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

29 May 2017

YMCA HM...

yesterday I was up early to get to Lennox Gardens to pick up my safety vest before heading to my marshalling spot at the Dunrossil Dr road crossing just after the second drinks station...

I helped get the cups for water ready and half filled about 60 of them...

the first runner came through just before 8:30am and the last one was just after 9am...I took a few photos and cheered on as many runners as I could...

I helped Ken pick up the cups and then collected bits & pieces of rubbish up to the seat near the nice downhill bit before heading back to Lennox Gardens...

arrived in time to see Giles finish and then moved down the corner of the path on the lake to do some more cheering and take more photos...it was quite windy and cold and it rained a bit as well...

I ended up heading home before the last four runners finished...

I had planned on going for a run but I was too cold and couldn't be bothered in the end!

this morning it wasn't as cold as I thought it would be for our walk...

my ride in was hampered by a flat just as I rode up the little hill to cross Commonwealth Ave bridge...stopped to change tubes...the flat was caused by a small piece of glass...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 5.8/66% (apparent temp same)
start time: 8:15am
total distance: 16.62
total time: 59:53 (including 18:52 stopped time)
avg speed: 16.1kph
total calories: 438
avg HR: 121

I don't normally ride Mondays but we aren't doing street O tonight...it's at Jerrabomberra and we didn't feel like doing another hilly one!

No comments: