About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

31 May 2017

BBQ Stakes #57 - so close, rabbit 4 hunter 2...

another round of bus lotto today and I managed to catch the earlier bus this week...

the rabbit had already confirmed via text that was in attendance and that her handicap had gone back out to 3:45, a 17:15 head start...

it was quite cold and very windy so I didn't like my chances...nevertheless I set off hard in pursuit...

I generally start to search for the black & white ears from the 5k mark...no sign of them as I passed through the Lyons' shop underpass and no sign up the hill either...I passed the school and crossed the access road, spotting her nearing the top of the hill...I pushed up the hill and by the top I got to the top she was at the last underpass...

I put my foot down, passed every runner between us but the finish line was too close and I couldn't bridge the gap...I got my 3rd fastest time on the "Strava BBQ Finishing Sprint" segment

I was surprised to run sub 30 (just) in those conditions...the gap was a mere 4secs and she'd run a PB by 3!

I crossed the line 33rd while the rabbit was 32nd...so close...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 9.7/48% (apparent temp 7.1)
start time: 12:31pm
total distance: 6.04
total time: 29:58
avg pace: 4:58
total calories: 428
avg HR: 155
TE: 3.7
recovery HR: 119/52
BPK: 770

splits: 5:11, 5:17, 4:56, 5:20, 4:29, 4:39, 0:09

I said last week, I'd have to work harder to catch her, I did and I didn't!

No comments: