About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

25 February 2017

Unbelievable!

yesterday had a good BRun back to my car...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 23.8/8% (apparent temp 30.0)
start time: 5:38pm
total distance: 6.64
total time: 23:31
avg speed: 16.9
total calories: 185
avg HR: 125

did my grocery shopping then watched day 2 of the Test...how good was it to see India out for 105 and SOK taking 6/35?!

I was on volunteer duty for Tuggeranong parkrun's 4th birthday run so I ran down...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 16.4/69% (apparent temp same)
start time: 7:12am
total distance: 4.06
total time: 22:19
avg pace: 5:30
total calories: 274
avg HR: 138
TE: 2.9
recovery HR: 103/38

I was the marshall for the boardwalk so missed the presentation of the pointscore winners for the year where I picked up silver in the female category...this was the last year of the pointscore as parkrun are moving away from that approach...

I had great fun cheering on the runners, high-fiving where I could...it got progressive colder though which wasn't pleasant when just standing around!

Gary presented me with my medal when the run was over then off home I went...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 15.3/68% (apparent temp same)
start time: 9:22am
total distance: 4.05
total time: 23:55
avg pace: 5:54
total calories: 291
avg HR: 136
TE: 2.9
recovery HR: 100/34

we won the toss at cricket and batted first...after a solid start I was in at #3...we weren't scoring quickly but we were keeping our wickets intact...I survived until drinks (23 overs) and then a couple of overs after I decided to leave a shortish ball outside off but it moved back in off the pitch and clipped the top of off...it was the only ball that he'd bowled like that to me - every other ball went outside off and held its line...

in the end we made 8/121 off our 45 overs...not a huge score but one we would have to defend through good bowling and fielding...

they did lose one of their players via a dislocated shoulder so they were down to 10 with the bat...

we picked up one early wicket but then they had a couple of solid partnerships...at drinks they were 3/70...

we then brought our Tangles-like bowler, Niko...he soon had the batsmen guessing and one of them hit him back high over his head and I ran around from mid off to take a catch at shoulder height on the move...4/85...

not longer after he got their skipper out caught behind...5/87...meanwhile I bowled my 9 overs, 0/15 (one difficult change dropped at cover but it did save 3 runs!)...

we had to take wickets as they were always ahead of the required run rate...we switched the bowlers around and one of our opening bowlers picked up a bowled before finishing his spell...

there was mini-partnership before I picked up another catch, this time at deep wide midwicket which was smashed at me like a tracer bullet...it was just above hip height when it thudded mainly into my right hand and stuck!...

7 down and they needed 14 to win!

they picked up 4 more runs before a catch was skied and held by our keeper...8 down, 10 required...they still had plenty of overs...

no run off the next ball and then the next one was bowled! we'd won by 9 and Niko had 5/23!

this means we are straight into the grand final...what a win!

mum and dad had watched me play for the first time in at least 10 years while Jodie and Lisa had been our usual cheer squad...

about half the team plus mum and dad headed in to Civic pub (one of our sponsors) to have a drink (and dinner for mum, dad and me)...

then to top it off, I got home to find the Test was done and dusted with a massive win to us and another 6/35 for SOK...unbelievable!

No comments: