About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

03 December 2016

parkrun #70...

was a lovely morning for a walk yesterday...got going early enough that I could call past Roof Rack City in Phillip and purchase a cargo pod for my roof racks for our road trip later this month...

despite packing my gear for FkF I elected not to run...I walked down instead to collect the $$ and results...

after work I called past Fyshwick to grab a cricket helmet from the Cricket Centre..

Jodie picked me up for dinner and a movie - we watched The Founder about McDonald's...was a good night...

it was another warm morning for parkrun which made for a muggy run...I need to work on my middle ks!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 16.2/79% (apparent temp same)
start time: 8:00am
total distance: 4.96
total time: 22:34
avg pace: 4:33
total calories: 308
avg HR: 158
recovery HR: 108/65
heartbeats per k: 719

splits: 4:23, 4:39, 4:32, 4:38, 4:23

24th out of 227, age 71.79%...2nd female out of 109...1st W45-49 out of 18...

I had a bit of break before heading to Hackett to play for Barton 5ths v Canberra Lions...

we won the toss and batted...after 10 overs we were 3/21!

I was the 3rd of the 3 after going in at 4...defended my first ball off the front foot back to the bowler then whacked a full toss forward of square only to get caught above the fielder's head...I hit it OK, just not high enough!

I ended up umpiring for 30 overs with one of our opening bats as we were all out in the 43rd over for 120 - not a good total at all...

I opened from the Maitland St end up the hill to the pitch...I started off with a maiden then picked up wickets in my next two overs, both caught behind by the keeper as the batsmen played defensive shots off the front foot...

I bowled 7 overs in my first spell (2/7) before coming back to bowl my 2 remaining overs and finishing with 2/12...

some of the batsmen had no other approach than to try to whack the ball out of the ground!

I picked up a catch at mid off which I nearly dropped as it was spinning sharply...lucky I take the Australian approach to catch with fingers pointed to the sky which gave me a second chance when it bobbled out...

coming into what would be the last over of the game...they were 8 wickets down with 3 runs required...they got a single off the first ball...the batsman defended the next one then they nearly had a mix up for a run out...they lost a wicket off the next ball caught at mid off but the batsmen crossed putting one of their hard swinging batsman on strike...

instead of just working the ball around for singles, he swung hard and skied a ball mid-pitch which was well held by the fielder at short midwicket moving towards the pitch....victory by 1 run!

the NSW Breakers also won their 18th WNCL title (out of 21 consecutive finals appearances) at AB Field after dismissing QLD Fire for 119 and getting the runs only one wicket down...

No comments: