About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

24 May 2016

Gran Raid delle Prealpi Trevigiane report...

had a day off work...after a sleep in I took the boys for a long walk (90mins)...

after pottering around the house, I went for a run in the afternoon...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 20.0/27% (apparent temp same)
start time: 3:01pm
total distance: 7.22
total time: 40:00
avg pace: 5:33
total calories: 488
avg HR: 131
recovery HR: 93/48

and now for news of Tim's attempt at the Gran Raid delle Prealpi Trevigiane on Saturday...

he was aiming for around 10:30 for the 72k but pulled out at just under 40ks...in his words: "the steep downhills strewn with shale and chunky marble took its toll on my knees. It was so steep in parts I was doing 30min ks up slopes and couldn't manage more than 12min ks downhill. After 2400m of vert and another 30+k to go (including another 2000m up), I decided to withdraw and save my knees. Then, whilst waiting for transport to the finish, I walked back up the road to a bar I noticed coming down the mountain and did the decent thing...put my feet up with a beer and watched the Giro live!...Was a tough decision to abandon but the right one"

A bugger of a DNF but it sounds like he did the smart thing...the winner finished in 8:35:39...

No comments: