About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

10 October 2015

parkrun #23...

managed to go under 45 again on the way home last night...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 25.7/41% (apparent temp 26.0)
start time: 5:15pm
total distance: 17.66
total time: 44:42 (including 2:03 stopped time)
avg speed: 23.7kph
total calories: 343
avg HR: 124

and managed to miss the rain...

this morning conditions were again good for parkrun...this was #23 (#21 @ Tuggeranong)...I wasn't sure how I would run as I wasn't feeling as comfortable as previous weeks prior to the start...I lined up near the front just behind young Dominic Torley and his dad...

he took off and I tried to stay within reach...I passed them about 600m or so in and then just tried to focus on the runners ahead...for the most part I was running by myself but with about 1k to go (what is about that distance for me?!), I heard footsteps behind me, I risked a quick glance back and sure enough it was Dominic and his dad...with about 300m to go, just before the incline into the finishing stretch, I gave him a "come on" over my shoulder and tried to pick up the pace...in the end I managed to stay ahead running a new PB by 6 seconds and it turns out he did as well by a massive 61 seconds...in fact his siblings, Stephanie (1st female, 5th overall) and Joshua (1st overall) also ran PBs!

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 10.2/98% (apparent temp same)
start time: 8:07am
total distance: 4.98
total time: 22:18
avg pace: 4:29
total calories: 321
avg HR: 156
recovery HR: 101/69

splits: 4:31, 4:29, 4:29, 4:32, 4:18

23rd out of 184, age 71.90%...3rd female out of 97...1st W45-49 out of 14...one unknown (male) ahead of me this week...

it was the first round of the Club Championships (stroke)...I shot a disappointing 92 after a 10 (!) on the 17th...didn't help that I put one shot out of bounds (oops)...other than that I had reasonably good round...nevertheless, I am 8 shots off the leader (Suze)...

Tammie is 4 shots off the lead in Div B after shooting 100 with three three-putts...

we are back to do it all again tomorrow...

I walked Hodge and Hunter in the early evening before settling in to watch Stars II: Attack of the Clones!

No comments: