About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

24 April 2015

FkF #311...

about 20 or so runners for FkF...plus Rad was there walking most of the course...

this was one of my more special efforts...there was no chance of fast run today as my left foot was sore from last night's session...still I was trotting along ok and was about halfway along the rocky trail (@ ~ 2.73k!) between the willow tree turn and the bike path when I managed to catch a half buried rock with my right foot...

all I could think about was not falling onto my left knee!...it felt like slow motion as I fell and I managed to land flush on my right knee before rolling and sliding along my right side (lucky I wasn't going fast or it would have been a longer slide!)...

after gingerly picking myself up while cursing my clumsiness, I managed to hobble (and swear!) for the next 400m before being able to jog through to the finish...quite a few of the fast runners checked I was OK (thankfully not everyone saw my tumble!)...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 17.8/71% (apparent temp same)
start time: 12:28pm
total distance: 5.04
total time: 29:47
avg pace: 5:54
total calories: 371
avg HR: 117(?)

splits: 4:56, 5:22, 7:24, 6:08, 5:48, 0:10

fortunately not too much damage done to myself (except my pride)...a few nicks in my hands, my right elbow, my leg below my hip and below my knee...the worst thing is the graze, swelling and bruising on directly on my right knee...should be right to ride home today and run on Sunday

No comments: