About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

04 February 2015

Accident...

my days are quite boring at the moment...get up, walk Hodge, bus to work, walk at lunch, bus home...rinse and repeat all while keeping my leg reasonable straight...

however, yesterday was a little bit more exciting after work...

dad helps out with the air force cadets during the school term at HMAS Harman...dad reached the rank of Warrant Officer before retiring from the RAAF after 25yrs and 24days of service and enjoys helping out, mainly with the finances,...anyway, last night, I was going over to have dinner with mum while he was at cadets...

I was on the GDE when mum rang (handsfree of course through the car's bluetooth setup) to say he'd been in a 4 car rear end accident at the corner of Horse Park Drive & Katherine Ave so I went off to meet him and her there...

turns out dad was the 4th car in the line up but came off the worst damage wise with the car not driveable...after exchanging details etc (when I got there only dad and the woman he hit were there) we tried unsuccessfully (once we finally got connected to a hooman) to get a tow through NRMA but roadside assist doesn't cover accidents only mechanical issues (good to know)...NRMA did put dad through to his insurer (Swann) but there was something wrong with the connection so I suggested that dad go home with mum and that I would wait for the tow truck...

in the end the tow truck arrived at 9pm and the car was loaded and on its way to mum & dad's by 9:15pm!

No comments: