About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

11 February 2008

speedygeese...

nice hard session tonight...starting temp/humidity was 25.3/35%...

started off with a short jog down to the little soccer field for everyone to drop off drinks then we headed in an anti-clockwise direction for a warm up lap (~1.3k) back to the starting stairs where we picked up late comers Tim, Jodie and Griffin...

another short jog back to the oval where we paired up with someone of a like pace (me with Al, Tim with Mick H and Jodie with Rohan) then speedygeoff took us over the course of what was to be the "fast" loop followed by a "recovery" loop...you weren't allowed to go too slow in the recovery loop as you had to be back in time to swap with your partner...

the aim was to work hard for 20 minutes completing as many loops as possible...Al & I managed 7 with me completing my 7th effort after the whistle so that we had both done the same...

effort times for me: 1:24, 1:28, 1:30, 1:36, 1:32, 1:34, 1:30

then we finished with a warm down (~1.3k) which included running up the grassy slope of Parliament House...once again on the jog down Jodie and I rolled away on the bottom bit...

about 8.5k all up with an avg/max HR of 142/176...

No comments: