About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

01 July 2012

Upset...

Saturday

didn't end up going for a run although it looked nice enough...

golf was ordinary but I won't get to play comp the next three weeks because footy is on a Saturday...had 95 off the stick for net 81, 7 over my handicap...

today

v Ainslie @ Amaroo...although it rained in the lead up, it was just bitterly cold even with the sun shining...Ainslie are top of the table while we are in 4th...we'd only beaten them once prior to this game - last season in wet conditions at Ainslie...

it was a very tight contest...we kicked the first goal but then didn't take the lead until the final 80secs when we hung on to win by 3 points!...3.0-18 to 2.3-15...!

I copped a kick to my left knee late in the first half when smothering a kick then had the ball kicked into my right "bus stop" arm while standing on the mark in the third quarter...I think the arm is going to bruise more than the knee!!

hung around in freezing conditions to watch the Div 3 boys beat Goulburn by 10pts after a poor third quarter where they fell behind by 9pts...

2 comments:

speedygeoff said...

Is this the same Ainslie you lost by 79 - nil in April????

allrounder said...

yes, the same...they seem to be a fair weather team!