About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

29 October 2010

Customs #202

thanks to the Da Vinci Machines exhibition, the course was different today, in fact so different at least four different versions were run!

I think my version was the longest as I stuck to the path and didn't cut the grass corner either way near the exhibition...some cut the corner both ways, some did it only on the way back and somehow Pam missed the instruction to do it as an out & back and still finished down the usual hill!


anyway, I'm thinking of treating these runs as a tempo-type runs for the HM rather than trying to race them as my legs are feeling the affects of the track racing...my calves in particular are quite tight...

the stats:
start temp/humidity: 18.1/53%
start time: 12:27pm
total distance: 5.14
total time: 25:21 (start 11:30)
avg pace: 4:56
total calories: 259
avg HR*: 158

*Time spent in HR Zones:
00:08 [Z1: 93-111]
00:11 [Z2: 111-130]
01:02 [Z3: 130-148]
22:07 [Z4: 148-167]
02:15 [Z5: 167-185]

no splits as I forgot to turn that option back on after turning it off for track...!

tonight we watch the Caps play Adelaide at the AIS Arena...

tomorrow is my long run then baseball with some caching thrown in (hopefully!)...

Sunday is golf then some more caching!

2 comments:

speedygeoff said...

Tempo runs are a good idea ... but it was a tempo run at Customs on top of a Thu night hill run back in June that did me in ... take care!

Next time try for the course record where you cut the corner going out but not coming back.

Ewen said...

Well done on thrashing Ruth in the Spiral last night!