About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

25 January 2008

Why...

…do people feel the need to tell other people that their PBs are "soft"?

I'm sure I've spoken about this before…I've got no idea what my potential is or what my body is capable of so how would anyone else?

I list my PBs for MY benefit, as challenges for ME to lower…I've only attended 15 track meets over two seasons so far which adds up to:

  • 1 x 60m
  • 2 x 300m
  • 2 x 800m
  • 1 x 1000m
  • 3 x 1500m
  • 1 x 2000m
  • 6 x 3000m (most improvement made with this one)
  • 1 x 5000m
  • 1 x 10000m
so not much experience gained as yet…pacing is my biggest challenge (everyone knows that) but I also don't want to focus on just one distance, I want to do my best in just about all of them…

I'm mostly happy with my efforts, shouldn't that be enough? I'm not looking to be a world beater…there, rant over…

    4 comments:

    speedygeoff said...

    This week your pacing was perfect.

    Aki said...

    *winces* Sorry, I was just trying to be encouraging to you. However, I'll leave it alone now.

    Ewen said...

    Sorry - I think I said your 1500 was "soft". I meant in relationship to some of your other PBs.

    I'm sure you'll break all of them, and by good margins. It takes a number of years to reach your potential as a distance runner, even if you do the same training.

    Ewen said...

    Forgot to say your 300m time shows some talent for the shorter events (400-1500m).