About Me

My photo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
"Jack of all (sports), Master of none!"

17 January 2008

Track- 3 events and a PB...

no running during the day as I was "saving" myself for track (LOL)...thanks to Ewen I remembered to turn OFF the Auto-Lap (why didn't I think of that before??) so I could get the correct splits...

1st event: 3000m...part of the Pennington series so Rachelle and I got to start of 5:37 (only 4 started behind us I think)...very windy in the finishing straight...time: 13:41.97...

1k splits: 4:31, 4:43, 4:28

fortunately got an extra break as the start of the 1500m was delayed plus I also got to run in the second heat...time: 6:29.53...

400m splits + final 300m: 1:43, 1:49, 1:49, 1:08

final event of the night for me was the 5 Lap Spiral...started off Group 39, finishing in 24th spot and ahead of Rachelle who started in the Group behind me...time: 9:19.46 - a PB of just over 10 seconds!...didn't bother with lap splits here...Katie passed me just after the start of the final lap (she started 4 groups behind me) and managed to finish about 5m ahead of me as I ran out of room to catch her!...

found a nearby cache on the way home to round out the night...

how about the cricket?? it would take something special for the Aussies to win this one...

3 comments:

speedygeoff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
speedygeoff said...

The Aussies are capable of something special - simply reversing the first innings margins will be easy!

By the way, what is your top score in cricket? Best bowling (if you bowl)?

Ewen said...

Looks like something special might be happening. It's been an interesting Test.

Those are pretty normal looking splits for a 3000 (second k the slowest). Good last lap in the 15!

Congrats on the spiral PB and racing speedygoose in the last lap.